Just in case you are planning on a tandem bike to spend idle weekend hours with your spouse or children, you will be greeted with a wide range of selection that market has to offer. However, one of them, particularly the Pacific Cycle Dualie Tandem Bike is great one to start with. With hand crafted steel frames and reliable drivetrain, this bike can provide a perfectly smooth biking experience. You may face a few glitches if you fail to assemble it properly. However, if you are an expert, it should not be difficult.
Along with alloy wheels and twist shifters, this bike comes with high precision linear brakes and sporty saddles to ensure that your ride is not only comfortable but also secure. As always, you must always wear some protective gear to defeat unwanted and unexpected accidental cuts and bruises. Let us take a quick look at some of technical specifications of this bike.
Pacific Cycle Dualie Tandem Bike Features and Specifications
- The bike features handcrafted Hi-Ten oversized steel frame that adds stability and strength to the bike.
- It comes with 21-speed Shimano drivetrain as well as a rear derailleur from Shimano.
- Easy gear change with MRX pro twist shifters from SRAM.
- Wide range of gear with 3 piece crank.
- 26 inch wide tires for better road grip.
- Linear pull brakes for both front and rear from Promax.
- Lightweight supersonic alloy rims with 36 holes.
- Lightweight and durable alloy crank.
- Frame for front rider is 18” and that for rear rider is 16”.
- Weight of the bike is 57.3 pounds.
- Comfortable sport saddles for both riders.
Pacific Cycle Dualie Tandem Bike Reviews
One customer rates the product to be of fantastic value. He was very happy with the strength and stability of the bike. He finds it to be a great bike not just for the purpose of casual cycling but also for acting as a perfect grocery carrier and an overall utility vehicle. He suggests users to tighten all screws before maiden ride and also to ensure that the air pressure of the tires does fall below or go beyond 65 psi. He recommended this bike to many of his friends.
Another customer who bought this bike found it to be a great addition to his leisure activities. He did point out that the gears and brakes require some adjustment. He said that he uses the bike not only for fun riding but also for other important tasks like picking up his nephew from school and going on green rides with his girlfriend to movies and other activities. He never suggests this bike for mountain biking because it will not take sharp turns and can bottom out because of long frame. He too recommended this bike to everyone looking for a decent tandem bike.